Ok…let’s admit it. Planning a wedding is exhausting! There’s so many aspects to consider, and even though we enjoy the process for the most part, we still need to keep alot of details in perspective. Here are a few ways to keep your momentum…and your sanity!
- Make realistic plans at the get-go. We dream of celebrity caliber celebrations when in reality, most of us work from every-day “Joe” budgets. Dream away…but quickly turn those big ideas into ones that can fit realistically into your price tag. Remember the ultimate goal of the day: to be husband and wife. Design your day around who the two of you are, how much time you have and the money you’ll spend without undue stress and complications. Advise from a wedding planner can be a valuable up-front investment.
- Be organized and disciplined. Have a plan in place and stay focused. Make sure to deal with the details early…those little things are often what gets overlooked and can become major problems later on.
- Keep a positive outlook. Brides who are having fun are pleasant to be around. Remember that this is a celebration, so make sure that aspect is always at the forefront of your thoughts. It’s easy to get sidetracked by meaningless issues. Let people help, and keep in mind that you are half of a couple…keep the groom in the loop!
- Make those decisions. This is definitely a milestone event in your life with a million decisions to make, but you can’t ponder everything forever. Trust your instincts, confer when necessary, seek advice on difficult ones, but DECIDE…then move on to the next item on the list.
- Be flexible. Remember Murphy? This uninvited and unwanted guest and his “law” will most likely show up at your wedding, but if you remain flexible and willing to make a change here or there, he won’t throw you over the edge. Even the best laid plans can come unglued, so “plan B”‘s may be necessary. Consider them creative challenges and face them with a smile!
Here’s to keeping the flow!
Your New Beginnings Bridal Studio Team