Tasting wedding cakes is one of the best parts about planning a wedding. Isn’t it awesome that bakers invite you into their shops just to serve you cake?!
The thing is, traditional wedding cakes use to be the staple of the reception…but no longer! Couples are finding that there are more options for wedding cakes/desserts than ever imagined. From traditional layer cakes to individual custom desserts, brides and grooms now accent the reception with sweets that reflects the wedding’s theme and style.
Before attending a tasting with your chosen professionals, think over the following so your baker can help steer you in the right direction.
- If considering cake, what flavors of cake, filling and icing do you and your fiance like? Get what you like…it’s your celebration!
- Do you want pops of color on the dessert itself using, say colored icing, or do you want it decorated with other items like fruit or flowers?
- Are there special dietary requirements such as kosher, gluten free, nut allergies, organic etc?
- Know your approximate number of guests, and be sure to ask your baker when they need the final count.
- Make sure the bakery will deliver to your venue on the date and time you need it!! A good reason to get that date secured early!
- If your cake is traditional, it’s probably heavy. Think about a sturdy table for it to be displayed during the reception, and don’t forget the knife and server!
- If you don’t have a full service caterer, you will need a few friends or family members to cut and serve the cake…it’s a great way to include people who have offered to help.
Have fun and be creative! Even if you opt for the traditional style wedding cake, the way it’s displayed can make it one of a kind! Trust your professionals…when they come highly recommended, they’ve got you covered!
Your New Beginnings Bridal Studio Team